Thursday, October 8, 2009

surgeon

I got an appointment with a surgeon quicker than I expected! My mom and I are meeting with him next Wednesday morning.

So I had posted before that my doctor told me all I needed to do was call if I wanted a list of surgeons I could meet with. Well I had done that, and hadn't received a call back for almost a week and a half. I finally got a call back yesterday from a nurse and she said she was calling to schedule my consultation with a Dr. Pittman. I told her that I would have to call her back because I was thinking about meeting with another surgeon that I had found on my own, and I needed to talk to my mom about who she thought I should meet with. The nurse said that was fine, and asked who the surgeon was. I told her. She then asked for his contact information, etc. so that my doctor could send him my medical records. I told her that I didn't have it on me, but that I would call them back and give it to them once I got my appt. scheduled and such. She said that would be perfect because "Dr. Fecht wants to have a talk with him."

What the hell does that mean?

I texted my mom after getting off the phone with this woman asking her what I should do. (Whether I should meet with the doctor he was recommending, or that one I had been planning on going to.) She said it was up to me. I've decided to trust my first intuition and go to the doctor I found on my own. My mom brought up a good point as well that my gastro. has already told me he doesn't want me to have the surgery, and for all I know he could be friends/colleagues with this guy he is recommending and so he might try to scare me out of getting the surgery or something as well...you get my drift?

Who knows.

At any rate I have an appointment with doctor Melbert of the Kendrick Center in Indianapolis next Wednesday. I'm nervous, but very glad that they got my an appointment so quickly.

I hope I get good vibes from him and he's not creepy. I'm sorry, but things like that really do matter. For example, while looking for surgeons, my sister and I came across a man that looked much like a creature from star trek. We joked that he would eat my colon after he took it out. He was a terrifying looking man.

At least I have a sense of humor :)

No comments:

Post a Comment